Choice consists of the opportunity to select independently from a range of options. We will respond to our service users’ right to choice in the following ways.
- We avoid a pattern of service delivery which leads to compulsory timings for activities like getting up and going to bed.
- We will manage and schedule our services so as to respond as far as possible to service users’ preferences as regards the staff with whom they feel most comfortable.
- We respect service users’ eccentricities, personal preferences and idiosyncrasies.
- We hope to cultivate an atmosphere and ethos in our service delivery, which welcomes and responds to cultural diversity.
- We encourage service users to exercise informed choice in their selection of the organisation and individuals who provide them with assistance.