An individual’s right to privacy involves being free from intrusion or unwelcome attention. We aim to maximise our service users’ privacy in the following ways.
- Staff will enter a service user’s property and rooms within the property only with express consent.
- A service user has the right not to have to interact with or be interrupted by a worker when, for example, they are entertaining a visitor or are engaged on an intimate activity on their own account.
- We respect the fact that a service user’s possessions are private and always act in accordance with the principle that our workers are guests.
- Our staff respects a service user’s right to make telephone calls and carry on conversations without being overheard or observed by a worker.
- We ensure that records of the service provided are seen only by those with a legitimate need to know the information they contain.